Why Won’t HP Envy 5540 Printer Scan?
The HP Envy 5540 printer is an all-in-one printer that can print, scan, copy effortlessly. When using the printer there are chances that you might face issues, and one such problem is the Why Won’t HP Envy 5540 Printer Scan issue. The HP printers are designed ergonomically; this also results in fixing the device issue more efficiently. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor for basic printer troubleshooting.
Quick Troubleshooting Steps:
- Restart the Computer and the printer.
- Check the USB Connected, plug the cord into a different port.
- Check the “network and printer connection” status if connected wirelessly.
- “Install” and run the Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer.
- Uninstall the “existing printer software”.
- Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.
- “Download and reinstall” the latest HP software.
- Check the Windows Image Acquisition settings.
Below We Provide Brief Solution why won’t hp envy 5540 printer scan:
Steps for why won’t hp envy5540 printer scan
- To resolve the printer issue, start with restarting the printer and computer. Turn off the printer. Close all the active applications on your computer and shut it down. Turn on the printer and the computer and try to scan.
- If you have connected the printer using USB cable, remove and reconnect the cable directly to a different port of the computer. Check for damages in the USB port or the USB cable.
- If you find any problem with the USB cable, replace it with a different one and try connecting it again. Remove other USB devices, if you have several USB-connected devices because the computer might not have sufficient power.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows computer. If you don’t have the software on your computer, you can download them from our website.
- Uninstall the existing driver and software from your computer. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and open the Programs and Features in the list of results.
- Select the printer software from the list of installed programs and click on the Uninstall or Yes option. With the help of on-screen instructions, complete the software removal process and restart the computer.
- Check if there are no printing devices listed in Windows after you have uninstalled the printer software. Click on Devices and Printers option and select Remove Device and turn off the printer to remove the printer from the list.
- Reinstall the HP software, make sure that you download the updated version of the driver that matches with your computer configuration. Turn on the printer and reconnect the printer again.
- Check the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) settings that supports communication between the computer and scanner. Make sure that it is activated.
- Reset the WIA dependencies with the Command prompt and check if the print hardware helps resolving the scanning issue. Try scanning after resetting the WIA dependencies.