Why HP Envy 5540 Printer Offline?
The Envy 5540 printer offline issue may occur due to poor network condition or some other technical problems. This issue is notified by a status message displayed on the computer or the control panel of the printer. Check the basic printer setup and follow the steps given below for a quick solution for Why HP Envy 5540 Printer Offline issue of your printer.
The HP Envy 5540 printer uniquely designed to print lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents from your smartphone, tablet, computer or laptop. You can connect your printer to the smartphone without accessing a network. It prints with a speed of 12 ppm in black-and-white and 8 ppm in color. Saves paper by consuming 50 percent of less paper with two-sided automatic printing option. The quiet mode option lets you print without causing any disturbance. The auto-deploying output tray places the printouts correctly on the floor. The special design of photo tray prints 4×6 inch photos in excellent color without changing paper.
How to fix HP Envy 5540 Printer Offline in Window?
- There are three ways of solving the why hp envy 5540 printer offline issue.
- They are, using the HP Print and Scan Doctor application, resetting the print environment and setting the default printer configuration.
- For using the application, download it from this website at free of cost.
- Save it in the destination folder on your computer and install the application.
- Open the application and click Start and find your printer name.
- If the name is not listed, follow the instructions and fix the issue.
- To reset the print environment, turn off the printer and computer for a few minutes.
- Reconnect the power plug. Turn on the devices and solve the problem.
- To set default printer configuration, click Start on your computer.
- Type Devices on the search bar and click Devices and Printers from the result.
- Right-click on your printer name which is active. Select Set as Default Printer option and fix the why hp envy 5540 printer offline problem.
How to fix HP Envy 5540 Printer Offline in Mac?
- Check the connection between the printer and your Mac device.
- If you have connected using a USB cable, replug it.
- For network connection, restart your printer, router, and your Mac system.
- Wait for a few minutes and click the Apple icon on your Mac device. Click System Preferences.
- Select Printer and Scanners to open the printers list that is connected to your Mac device.
- Find your printer name. If it is not found, follow the steps below.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
- Reconnect the power cord and switch on the printer. If the issue persists, go through the following instructions.
- Open the printer list and remove multiple printer names.
- Select all the other printer names at a time and click the minus button at the bottom. Leave one name that matches your printer. Set it as a Default printer and solve the issue.