- HP OFFICEJET 5740 USER MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- HP OFFICEJET 5740 SETUP INSTALLATION
- HP OFFICEJET 5740 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
- HP OFFICEJET 5740 WIRELESS CONNECTION
- HP OFFICEJET 5740 MOBILE PRINTING
- HP OFFICEJET 5740 DUPLEX PRINTING
- HP OFFICEJET 5740 TROUBLESHOOTING
Follow the On-Screen instructions given on our 123.hp.com/oj5740 website to install the driver software. Insert the software CD into your computer if your computer is not connected to the internet. If the CD does not automatically open, Double-click the CD drive icon with the HP logo. Run the setup file and then follow the instructions.
To make printing easier HP has released various software. The HP Smart app that is incorporated with tools to check ink levels, print, scan and set up your printer on a wireless network. From your Android device, you can print web pages, emails and photos to your HP network-connected printer using Mopria Print Service Plugin.
The instruction guide will provide you instructions or additional information, such as setting up the control panel, setting up your printer, status lights, product parts location and troubleshooting a printer issue. If you lose the user guide that is provided in your printer package, you can download the manual from our website.
123 HP Officejet 5740 Setup First-Time Installation
After you receive your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer package, unbox it. You will be able to carry on with the next steps only after unboxing the printer. Carefully unbox the printer and start printing the document.
- Spot a suitable surface to set up your HP Officejet printer. Cut open the tape to open the printer package. Slice the tape that is holding things in places such as the side panels and scanner unit.
- After unboxing your 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer and its accessories, discard the packaging materials from the printer. Spread out the cartridge access door, get rid of the tape and packing material present inside the printer.
- In the slot found on the posterior side of the printer place the duplexer and power up your printer. Choose your preferred language and location on the control panel of your printer and then click continue.
- Stack the paper to be printed in the input tray with the print side facing downward. Unlock the cartridge access door and install the cartridges. After installing the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
- Install the updated software and driver. Try to print a sample document to check the printer’s performance. You can download the manual and driver from our website 123.hp.com/oj5740. Follow the user manual to setup the 123 hp printer.
- Power on your Printer and unlock the ink cartridge access door or the top cover of the printer. Wait for the carriage to move to the right side of the printer and the printer to get into sleep mode.
- Uncover the new cartridge from its packaging and discard the protective tape from the cartridge. Place the ink cartridge into the printer and snap it into the cartridge holder carefully. Close the cartridge access door.
- Select the Settings option in the HP Solution Center. Choose Printer Toolbox in the Settings window. Choose the Align the Print Cartridges option in the Printer Toolbox screen and then select Align. Print a sample document.
Easy Guidance for 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer Driver Installation
123.hp.com/oj5740 driver helps in converting the data to be printed into a specific format that the printer can read. The installation CD can be used to install the printer driver.
Steps for 123 HP OJ5740 Driver Installation:
- “Select” the Change Device installation settings and the Change device installation window will open. Select the option to automatically download the HP OJ4650 Driver in the Device Installation Settings window.
- “Connect” your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer to the computer with a USB cable or through your local network and get ready for the driver installation. Select your printer’s name in the Devices and Printers window. If it is not listed, then add your printer to the list.
- The driver software can also be downloaded from our website 123.hp.com/setup 5740.
- The installation will begin when you double-click the downloaded driver file and then click Run. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.You can choose between Custom install and Easy install.
- The driver file can also be installed from the installation CD.Load the CD in the drive and begin the installation. It always better to install all the features.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation. Check if you can Print a photo or a file after the installation. If there is an issue in printing, then follow the troubleshooting procedure or call our tech support for assistance.
How to Fax on HP Officejet 5740 Printer?
A technique of reproducing a file electronically at a distant place. A fax machine is an example of digital communication system. The transmission of data is over the telephone lines. Even the images are converted into digitized form and then they are sent over the telephone lines. The device also does the task of receiving the digitized information.
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Connection
- A. Printing from Apple iOS:
- From Apple iOS, you will be able to print from most applications to your wireless HP Officejet printer. First, make sure your printer is powered on and connected to a wireless network.
- Make sure you are connected to the same wireless network as your printer by checking the Wi-Fi settings on your Apple device. Open the email or photo you want to print and tap the Share icon.
- Tap the Print icon. Click Select Printer and select your printer. Change any desired print settings and then tap Print. The item will be printed according to your settings.
- B. Printing with the HP Print for Chrome App:
- The 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer hardware should be set up and connected to your Chromebook or computer with a USB cable or wireless network. Make sure that you have a Google account.
- Install HP Print for Chrome from the Chrome Web Store to print from the Chrome browser. Open the Chrome browser, then go to the HP Print for Chrome. Click ADD TO CHROME.From the Chrome browser, open the image or webpage you want to print. Click the menu icon, then select Print. Next to Destination.
- Select your printer from the Local Destinations list and then click Print.
HP Officejet 5740 USB Connection
- Make sure you have the following conditions met before you begin: your HP Officejet 5740 Setup is turned on and is in a ready state. Obtain a USB cable less than 9 ft 10 inches in length.Make sure you do not connect your printer to a USB hub as the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate. The USB cable should not be connected to the computer before installing the driver.
- If so, then remove the USB cable from the computer to help ensure a successful setup. Make sure that you don’t connect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step.
- Go to Devices and Printers control panel setting and right-click the icon for your printer model. Click Remove device and close the Devices and Printers window.
- Open a web browser and go to our website. Click the Drivers tab, type your printer’s name in the text field and then click Find my Printer. Choose your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer from the list of results.
- Make sure you have identified the correct operating system. If your operating system is not correct, then click Edit. Select and update your operating system from the drop-down list.Under Driver Product Installation Software.
- Click the download button next to Full Feature Software and Driver. If the HP software download window is displayed, select Use HP Download and Install Assistant.Follow the on-screen to save and install the driver to your computer.