How to Update the Firmware on HP Laserjet Pro 400 m401d?
A program that is stored inside the HP Laserjet Pro 400 m401d printer is called firmware. It allows the printer to receive data from the computer and then converts it to a printed image. There is firmware available for both ink and toner cartridges. The firmware tells the Laserjet Pro printer on how to function correctly and interact with the Windows or Mac computer. Below We Provide Easy Guidance for How to Update the Firmware on HP Laserjet Pro 400 m401d Printer.
- “Ensure” that the Laserjet Pro printer is linked to a wired or wireless network.
- Open the “Setup menu” from the Home screen on your printer’s operation panel.
- “Scroll” through the “menu” and then choose the Service menu.
- Touch the Laserjet “Update menu”.
- Tap the Check for Updates Now option.
- “Open” the “Service”, Laserjet Updates menu.
Easy Guidance for Firmware Upadate
- “Enable” the Allow Updates option.
- Make sure to turn on the “Check” automatically option and wait for the firmware update process to finish.
Detailed Solution for How to Update the Firmware on HP Laserjet Pro 400 m401d printer
- The “firmware” update for your Laserjet Pro 400 m401d printer must be performed to fix the bugs that occur in the device.
- “Once” the firmware update process is done, Web Services get updated automatically. Force press the Power button on your Laserjet Pro 400 m401d printer to switch On the device.
- Make Sure to link the Laserjet Pro printer to the Windows or Mac computer using any of the connection methods. From the Home screen on the operation panel of your printer, open the Setup menu and then tap the Setup button.
- “Browse” through the menu and then select the Services option. Touch the Laserjet Update menu and press the Check for Updates option. The printer checks if there are any updates available for the firmware.
- “Set” your Laserjet Pro printer to automatically update the firmware when the updates are present. Open the Setup menu on your printer’s front panel. Open Manage Updates, Laserjet Update, and Service menu.
- To “turn On” automatic updates, set Allow Updates to Yes and then enable the Check Automatically option. You can also download and install the firmware manually by making use of the Firmware Update Utility icon.
- This method is available for all printers that are connected to the computer. “Go to” the manufacturer’s site on your computer and then select the Drivers & Downloads option. Enter the name of your printer in the search bar and choose Go. Select the name of your Laserjet Pro printer from the results.
- Click the version of the operating system and then find the Firmware Update Utility option under the Firmware menu.
- “Choose Download”, click Run and then select Run again. Once the utility launches, choose your printer’s name and select Send Firmware.
- Follow the “on-screen” directions to finish the installation and then click Exit. Still, you haven any queries related How to Update the Firmware on HP Laserjet Pro 400 m401d, etc Contact Our Experts.