How to Reset HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer?
How to reset the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer is described in the forthcoming topics. You can reset the HP Laserjet printer by setting it to the default configurations. Default settings will not change the page count and tray size. It also includes reinstalling the driver software of the printer that suits the operating system and version of your computer or laptop.
Quick Steps for Reset LJPRO m402n Printer
- Power up the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer by force pressing its power button.
- On the printer’s operational panel, “press” the OK button.
- “Touch” the Setup icon if the OK button is not present.
- Select the Service option that displays on the screen.
- Go to the Restore Defaults option.
- Touch the OK icon to reset the printer.
- “Restoring” of the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer settings takes place automatically.
- “Reset” the hardware of the printer after setting the default configurations.
Detailed Guidance for How to Reset HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer
- Power off the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer by pressing its power button.
- Remove the power cable connected between the printer and the electrical outlet. Wait for a few minutes. Plug the power cord into the appropriate port of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Do not insert the cable into a surge protector as it produces power fluctuations. Power on the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer by pressing its power button. Open the access door of the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer.
- Remove the cartridges from their slots. Wait for a few minutes and insert the cartridges into the appropriate slots. Gently press the cartridges until it fits into the slots.
- Close the access door of the printer. Arrange the cartridges using the alignment sheet. Power on your computer if it is turned off.
- Tap the Start button which is located at the bottom left corner of the computer’s display. Search for Programs and Features and click on its related option.
- Choose the name of your HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer and select Uninstall. Return to the home screen and type Devices and Printers in the search field and select its option. Right-click your printer name and select the Delete option.
- Now install the recent version of the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer driver software which suits the version and OS of your computer or laptop. You can download the full-featured software from this site for free of cost. Follow the forthcoming steps to reset the printer using the Restore option on the control panel.
- Touch the Setup icon. Go to the Service menu and select the Restore Defaults option. Finally, tap the OK button. Now the HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer restores its default settings automatically.
- The default settings will delete the pages that are saved in the memory of your HP Laserjet Pro m402n printer. Still you have any Issues Related How to Reset HP Laserjet Pro m402n OR Others Contact Our Experts.