How to Reset HP Envy 4500 Printer?
Resetting the HP Envy 4500 printer is done to resolve most printer issues. It can also be done to speed up print jobs and clear the cache. The reset process can be done in two ways. One way is via the printer’s control panel, and the other is by removing and reattaching the power cord. Below Provide the Quick Steps for How to Reset HP Envy 4500 Printer.
- Unplug the printer’s power cable from the rear with the printer turned on.
- “Wait” for “30 seconds” before switching the printer on.
- Now re-connect the power cable to the printer while holding the # and 6 buttons.
- “Release” the “buttons” once the printer starts up.
- “Now” the printer is reset to factory defaults.
- The printer now resets to factory setting.
- You can also factory reset the device via its control panel.
- Go to Settings on the control panel of the printer.
- Select “Restore” Factory Defaults to commence the setup.
Quick Steps for HP 4500 Reset
Easy Guidance for How to Reset HP Envy 4500 Printer
- The factory reset process is a simple process which can be done to resolve basic print issues.
- There are two types of reset which include factory reset and hard reset.
- A hard reset completely resets the printer settings, clears the cache and resets the hardware. This is done to resolve most printer issues related to hardware. To do a hard reset, you need to make sure the printer is turned on.
- Detach the power cord from the wall outlet and the printer’s rear while the device is turned on.
- You need to wait for about a minute and then reconnect the power cable to your printer.
- Now the device will automatically turn on, and the printer will be reset. This will resolve most printer issues. If your device doesn’t turn on automatically, press the power button.
- To do a soft reset, you need to go to Settings on the display panel of the printer.
- Tap Restore factory settings to default. This is a soft reset which resets most settings to default.
- If you face network issues, you can restore the settings using the HP Embedded server.
- Open HP Printer Assistant on your computer.
- Click the printer name and choose HP Device Toolbox. Choose Restore defaults; this automatically restarts the printer.
- The restore process is simple and short and gets over quickly.
- Paper jam issues, carriage malfunctions, ink cartridge malfunction and other hardware related issues can be resolved by resetting the printer.
- Before resetting your printer, you need to make sure to clear the fax header name, phone number, and other information.
- Also, clearing the print queue is recommended as the data will get erased.
- The reset process will erase all information stored in your printer, this includes, printer settings configuration, print jobs in the queue, printer cache, and firmware. Still you have any Issues Related How to Reset HP Envy 4500 Printer (OR) Others Contact Our Experts.