How to Replace Ink Cartridge HP Officejet 5740 Printer
What ink does HP Officejet 5740 use?
The HP OfficeJet 5740 printer utilizes the HP 62 and HP 62XL ink cartridges. The XL variant of cartridges is designed to last longer than the normal cartridges so as to ensure worry-free printing from the device. These cartridges are available in the online HP Store and also from authorized sellers. It is always advised to use only genuine ink cartridges for replacement in your HP OfficeJet 5740 printer. Original cartridges provide excellent output and last longer than the normal ink cartridges. Both color and black ink cartridges are available in both the sizes to facilitate easy and efficient printing. It is advised not to use the third party or refilled ink cartridges to maintain the printer in good condition. Counterfeit cartridges may damage the entire printing system which does not come under the coverage of the product warranty. Learn Below How to Replace Ink Cartridge HP Officejet 5740 Printer.
Steps for Change Ink Cartridge on OJ5740 Printer
- Power up the HP OfficeJet 5740 printer by connecting to the power supply.
- Wait until the printer to complete the warm-up activity.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to come to a halt.
- Now remove the existing HP ink cartridges from the carriage on after the other.
- Unpack the new HP 62 or 62XL ink cartridge from its packaging and remove the protective tape.
- Ensure that you are not touching the copper connections in the cartridge to avoid any damage to it.
- Place them in the carriage and insert them into their respective slots.
- Push until they are housed firmly and close the access door.
How to Replace Ink Cartridge HP Officejet 5740 Printer?
- How to Replace Ink Cartridge on HP Officejet 5740 Guidance, when they run dry or when they are causing problems. The cartridge replacement process can be done easily by the end user.
- The printer notifies the user when the cartridges run dry on it. However, the cartridge can be used until it is totally dry. But a significant decrease in quality of the printed file.
- The replacement cartridges must be genuine in order to get the best output from the printer. Do not use refilled or third party cartridges in the printer.
- To replace the ink cartridges, power up the HP OfficeJet 5740 printer by enabling power supply through the power cord.
- Once the device is turned on, wait for it to warm up and open the cartridge access door.
- Once the door is open, wait until the carriage compartment reaches the replacement position. Now pull out the HP cartridges from the compartment.
- Ensure that the new HP 62 or 62XL ink cartridges are unpacked and the protective tape is removed from them.
- Carefully insert the new cartridges into the carriage without touching the nozzle or the copper connections.
- Once the cartridges are inserted, ensure that they are fixed firmly and close the access door immediately.
- Now, wait for the HP OfficeJet 5740 Printer to print the alignment page automatically. Align the cartridges using this page and complete the process. Still you have any queries related How to Replace Ink Cartridge HP Officejet 5740 & Other Issues Call Toll-Free Now.