How to Fax on HP Officejet 3830 Printer
Using the traditional method, you can prepare your OfficeJet 3830 for faxing. Determine the connection type you are going to use and then follow the setup instruction based on that. The How to Fax on HP Officejet 3830 Printer procedure may differ for particular home and office. Check if the cartridges are installed, papers are loaded in the input tray. Touch Setup on the Fax screen and tap on Test fax. By performing the fax test, you can verify if the fax setup is made correctly.
HP OJ3830 Fax Requirements:
- An active telephone line.
- An HP printer that supports Fax.
- Recipient’s Fax number.
- Cables to connect devices.
How to Send a Standard Fax using Computer?
- Turn ON the computer and fax machine.
- “Open” the document you want to fax.
- Click File and the menu list appears.
- Click Print and the “print properties” dialog box opens.
- Select the printer from the list which includes “fax” in the name.
- “Modify the settings” by clicking the Properties button.
- Click OK, after making all the necessary changes.
- Select Print, to begin the sending the fax.
- Enter the fax number of the recipient, when the display prompts.
- Make other additional changes before and finalize.
- Click Send Fax and the printer begins faxing, by dialing the fax number entered.
How to Send a Fax over a Phone?
- How to Fax on HP Officejet 3830 Printer Over the Phone Support – Check if the telephone line is active and is connected to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and prepare to send a fax.
- Load the document into the document feeder.
- Make sure to place the document with print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Touch fax from the Home screen.
- Dial the recipient’s number using the keypad of the phone.
- Inform the recipient that they have to receive the fax.
- Hear to the fax tone, if the machine itself receives your call.
- Wait until the fax is transmitted to the other end.
- Hang-up the phone when the transmitting begins.
How to Receive a Fax Manually from HP OJ3830 Printer?
- Connect the printer directly to the phone to receive faxes manually.
- Turn the printer on and keep in the ready state.
- Load the input tray with a stack of paper.
- Remove any documents present in the document feeder.
- Turn on the Auto Answer and the printer automatically receives the call.
- Set the Rings to Answer and the printer answers the incoming call.
- Ask the sender to send the fax, if you manually attend the call.
- Touch Fax from the Home screen.
- Tap Send and Receive option, and select Receive Now.
- Hang up the phone or remain silent during fax transmission.
How to Get Backup Fax using Printer Control Panel?
- The Above We Provide the Instructions for How to Fax on HP Officejet 3830 Printer. The Following Instructions are Provide the Solution for How to get backup.
- Touch fax from the Home screen of the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on Setup option and then select Preferences from it.
- Choose Backup Fax Reception option to backup fax.
- Touch the preferred setting options from the display.
- Make sure if the Backup fax option is turned on.
- Reprint the recently stored in the printer’s memory.
- Backup the documents before it gets deleted from the memory.
- Select On Error Only, to store the document only when the error occurs.
- Turn on the Backup fax, if you don’t want any backup.
- Click OK to apply the changes.