How to Fax from HP Officejet 5740 Printer?
When you don’t want to spend the extra penny on sending information, you can start using the phone and a fax machine on a single line. Faxing is considered more secure than sending documents through E-mail or postal mail. You will require a telephone cord, a cord with connectors that have two wire leads, the phone wall jack, 1-LINE jack, answering machine and single-line telephone. The HP Officejet 5740 printer supports fax setup that usually screens voice calls and allows you to set a time to answer. Refer to the instructions on this page to complete the How to Fax from HP Officejet 5740 Setup.
How to Send a Standard Fax using Computer?
- With the HP Officejet 5740 printer, fax a document directly from your computer.
- “Install” the HP Printer Software.
- Verify that the HP Officejet 5740 printer is connected to a working telephone line.
- Switch ON your computer and open the text or document that you intend to send as a fax.
- “Click” on the File menu. Double-Click the Print option.
- Choose your printer from the list that is displayed on the screen.
- Modify the settings if it is required. You can set the option as Black fax or Color fax.
- Open the Properties dialog box and click either of the options Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences. Confirm your choices and click the OK tab.
- Enter the fax number and fill the details regarding the recipient.
- “Press” the Send Fax tab. The HP OJ 5740 printer begins dialing the fax number and faxing your document.
How to Send a Fax over a Phone?
Quick Steps for Fax Setup:
- HP allows sending a fax directly from your mobile device or telephone extension.
- You can talk with the intended recipient before you send the fax.
- Load the text or document that you intend to fax with its original print side up facing the document feeder.
- Connect the OJ 5740 printer to a telephone line and dial the number by using the keypad on the telephone that is connected to the printer.
- If the recipient answers the call, you can inform the recipient that they should receive the fax on their fax machine.
- Touch Fax icon from the printer’s control panel display.
- Click the option Send Fax.
- Select the Black or Color option to modify and make changes.
- The telephone line might be silent while the fax is transmitting.
- Remain on the line if you want to speak to the recipient. Hang up the telephone as soon as the fax begins to transmit.
How to Get Backup Fax using Printer Control Panel?
- Tap the Setup option from the printer’s control unit.
- Click the Fax Setup icon
- “Touch” the Preferences tab.
- Double-Click the Backup Fax Reception option.
- When the Backup Fax Reception is toggled on, the device store all received faxes in its memory.
- This feature enables you to reprint most of the recently printed faxes.
- When the device memory is low, it overwrites the oldest
- If the memory turns full, the device stops answering incoming fax calls.
- You can turn Off the Backup Fax Reception option for security purposes.
- Depending on your security preference and requirements, set up the “HP Officejet 5740 printer” to store all the faxes.