How to Connect Wireless Setup HP Officejet 5255
About Wireless Connection
The HP Officejet 5255 printer has the wireless capability which enables it connect to a Wi-Fi network seamlessly. We have provided suitable steps for you to follow and establish a connection to a Wi-Fi network. You can choose the connection type while setting up the printer device. Using the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature, you can connect to several compatible wireless devices without the using any USB or other cables. Learn how to connect wireless setup hp officejet 5255 Guidance Here.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup Guidance
Steps for HP OJ5255 Wireless Setup for Windows
- Install the driver from the installation CD or directly from the Internet. If you have the installation CD, insert it into your computer and complete the installation with the help of the visual instructions.
- Choose ‘Wireless’ as the network connection when you come across the Connect window. You will receive a prompt. Choose ‘Yes, send wireless settings to the printer.” Now you can wait till the HP Auto Connect processes the next steps.
- If the above method fails, do not worry, we have got another method for you. The Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer’s control panel is another easy way of connecting to your Wi-Fi network.
- You will need the network name, network password or the WEP/WPA passphrase.
- “Tap” the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Choose your from the list of available networks. You can enter your network name wirelessly if it is not displayed in the list.
After tapping the OK button, you need to enter the password on the next screen.
Steps for HP OJ5255 Wireless Setup for Mac
- “Power ON” the machine by tapping the Power button.
- Connect with a Wi-Fi network by using the touch screen control panel display.
- Use the controls of the display panel and connect with your wireless network.
- Tap the right arrow key and touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose the option Network from the setup and select Wi-Fi Protected Setup Wizard.
- Tap on your network displayed on the list.
- Enter the WPA password and then, tap on Done.
- Touch the OK button to finalize the settings.
- Touch OK again if you want to perform a Wireless Test report print or choose Skip.
How to Find WPS Pin on HP OJ5255 Printer?
- There are two types of Wi-Fi Protected Setup through which you can connect the printer wirelessly. The first one is Push Button method and the other one is PIN method.
- In the Push Button method, you have to make sure both the router and the printer support this method. Press the WPS button on the printer. It will remain active for 2 minutes in which you have to connect to the network.
- You can use PIN method to enter the PIN number manually on the printer’s control panel to establish a connection.
- Tap Wireless on the printer’s display.
- Select Settings option with a gear icon present on the bottom left side.
- Then, tap Wireless Settings icon.
- Select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option from the list.
- Touch the PIN option and enter the PIN manually on the printer’s display.
- The PIN is provided while purchasing the router.
- Check the router’s bottom side to find the password/PIN.