How to Connect to HP Envy 5540 Wirelessly?
Power on the HP Envy 5540 printer and open the Wireless Settings menu on it. Slide the toggle switch on top of the display to enable the Wi-Fi feature. Switch on your router and make sure it is connected to a Wireless Access Point.Check whether the printer’s Wi-Fi connects to your router automatically, else, connect it manually. Below We Provide the Steps for How to Connect to HP Envy 5540 Wirelessly both Windows & Mac.
Setting Up the HP 5540 Wireless Setup in Windows
- Connect the HP Envy 5540 printer to a power outlet.
- “Long Press” the printer’s Power button to activate it.
- Make sure to disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Associate the “Router with a WAP” and power it on.
- Open “Control Panel Settings > Wireless Settings” on your printer.
- Scroll down and select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Tap the special icon that is present next to the Setup icon.
- Check if the Setup Wizard connects to your router automatically.
- Click the Wireless menu on the taskbar of your computer.
- Associate it with the same network, which should be wireless.
Setting Up the HP 5540 Wireless Setup in Mac
- Download the full feature driver for the HP Envy 5540 printer.
- Install the driver before initiating the Wireless setup process.
- Switch on your wireless router, connected to a WAP.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the desired network from the list displaying on the screen.
- Tap OK on the pop-up window, stating Connection is Successful.
- Expand Apple > Wireless > Wi-Fi on your Mac device.
- Connect it to the same network, to which the printer is connected.
- Print a network test page from the printer.
- Check whether the network connection status is active.
How to find HP Envy 5540 WPS Pin?
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It plays a vital role in securing the information passed from a computer or laptop to a printer, connected over the same wireless network connection. The router carries out a set of protocols to provide this feature. Two methods can activate the WPS.
They are PUSH and PIN method. The PUSH method is the traditional way of enabling the WPS. Power on your router. Press & hold the WPS button on it and the WPS activates. The PIN method involves the use of an eight-digit PIN. The router comes with a username and password which act as the key to enable and disable the WPS. They are printed on a sticker at the rear of the router. The default username and password will be admin123. If they are not inscribed on the router, the username and password will be attached along with the invoice copy. Check the email sent to you after purchasing the router, for further clarifications. Top of the Page Our Experts are Provided Quick Steps for How to Connect to HP Envy 5540 Wirelessly, etc…