How to Connect HP Envy 5055 to Computer?
is the hp envy 5055 a laser printer?
Envy 5055 is not a laser printer. The connection methods are wired, wireless, Wi-Fi Direct, and various mobile printing solutions. The input and output trays can handle up to 125 and 25 sheets of plain paper. Printing, scanning, copying is the functions of the printer. Drop-on-demand Thermal Inkjet is the printing method used and has a print speed of 8 pages per minute. The printer supports borderless as well as duplex printing. It provides a monthly duty cycle of up to 1000 pages. Below We Provide the Steps for How to Connect HP Envy 5055 to Computer.
Steps for How to Connect HP Envy 5055 to Computer:
The various procedures on how to connect hp envy 5055 to computer are given here.
- USB Printer Setup: Install the full feature software package to obtain the most supported features from a USB cable.
- Before setting the connection, remove any driver versions that were installed previously on the Windows or Mac device.
- Power On the HP printer and make sure it is in a ready state. Gather a USB cable of 3 meters or lesser in length.
- Do not connect the cable, until instructed. Download and install the driver.
- During the installation process, choose the connection type as USB. Make sure you do not plug the cable to the docking station or hub since the computer cannot detect the printer’s name.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port available on your computer. Plug the other end to the printer to finish the USB setup.
- Wireless Setup: Obtain the Service Set Identifier that is the network name and the security passphrase (network password).
- Turn ON the PC, router, and the printer. Check if your computer has connected to the wireless network.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the control panel of the printer. The Wireless Summary screen appears.
- Tap the Settings icon, and then touch the Wireless Setup Wizard. A list of the networks displays.
- Tap the name of your wireless network. Enter the WEP or WPA key, if prompted. Touch Done and tap OK to establish the wireless connection.
- Wi-Fi Direct: Make sure your Envy 5055 printer is not in offline or sleep mode. Keep enough amount of white papers in the main input tray.
- Click the Start menu in the bottom left corner of the Windows screen and choose Settings. Select Devices and click Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the Add a Printer or Scanner option and select Show Wi-F Direct printers, if the option is displayed.
- Click the name of your HP printer with DIRECT mentioned in its icon name.
- Select the Add Device option to open the WPS PIN window.
- A connection request message with the WPS PIN might appear on the printer’s operation panel.
- Else, a page gets printed that has the WPS PIN in it. Move back to the computer screen and type the WPS PIN.
- Choose Next to finish the Wireless Direct connection. The user can now perform the functions of the printer like scanning, printing, and more.