How to Clean Printer Head HP Envy 5660 Setup?
When the printer is left unused for a longer duration of time, it causes the ink in the cartridges to get dried up and results in clogged printheads. It leads to errors in the printing process like color or black ink not printing, faded or streaky printouts, blurred outputs, smears, and other print quality issues. The errors can be fixed using the built-in cleaning software; if it does not work, you can also clean the printheads manually. Some of the error messages display on the control panel of the printer, and the user cannot perform any of the printer functions. Learn how to clean printer head hp envy 5660 & Ink Cartridge below:
How to Clean Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 5660 Printer?
- The ink cartridges can be cleaned using the printer’s control panel. Place unused or white or A4 sized papers in the main input tray.
- Swipe the display to the left on the printer’s operation panel and touch the Setup button.
- The Setup menu appears. Scroll through the list and tap Printer Maintenance.
- “Touch” the Clean Cartridges option. A Print Quality Diagnostic report page gets printed.
- Review the page and examine the quality of the print on it. Another method of cleaning the ink cartridges is using a suction tool kit.
- “Remove” the ink cartridges from the slot. Use the tool kit to suck out the ink from the cartridge.
- Boil some amount of water and fill the syringe with it. Inject the boiled water into the cartridge and allow it to dry for some time.
- Shake the cartridge and suck the water back. Refill ink into the cartridges and insert them into the appropriate slot.
- You can also clean the cartridges using the HP Solution Center software. Load papers in the tray and open the software.
- Click Settings -> Printer Toolbox. Select Device Services -> Clean the Print Cartridges. Comply with the on-screen prompts, click Done.
How to Clean Printer Head HP Envy 5660?
- Gather the following items, isopropyl alcohol, water, bowl, and paper towels, to clean the printhead.
- Shut down the printer and then unplug the power cable from it. Raise the cartridge access door and take all the ink cartridges from their slot.
- Remove the printhead unit; this is the area where the cartridges are placed. The printhead unit contains several holes at the bottom. Mix the isopropyl alcohol and water.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and keep the printhead unit in it. Leave the printhead for about two minutes.
- Take the printhead out of the bowl and place it on the paper towel. It is done to remove the excess ink and moisture that is present on the surface of the printhead. Allow the printhead to dry completely.
- Keep the printhead unit and install the cartridges. Reconnect the power cord and print a test page to check if the issue is resolved. Still your how to clean printer head hp envy 5660 issue won’t fix Call Toll-free now.