How to Clean HP Laserjet 1020 Printer?
With the passage of time, several components might get accumulated with dust particles inside the HP Laserjet 1020 printer. When the dust builds up, it may cause print quality problems such as smearing, paper jams, and printing blank pages. Cleaning plays an essential role in the performance of your device. To avoid or troubleshoot these issues, you need to clean the print cartridge area, paper feed roller, and the media path. Hence, maintenance is a key feature in enhancing the durability of the printer. We have provided simple steps for how to clean hp laserjet 1020 printer.
How to Clean Printhead on HP Laserjet 1020 Printer
Quick Steps for LJ1020 Print Head Cleaning
- To perform a printhead clean on your HP Laserjet 1020 printer, use your computer.
- In this way, the printer performs a printhead clean automatically without the need of opening the printer, and that too within seconds.
- If you are using a Windows computer, open the “Start menu”, and “click” the Windows logo present in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type control panel, and click on it from the list of results. You will find Devices and Printers on the right side of the Control Panel window.
- In an older version of Windows, you might see the option Hardware and Sound instead of Devices and Printers.
- “Right-click” the printer’s name on which you want to perform a clean. A drop-down box will appear.
- “Click” the Properties option. A new window will be displayed. Now, click the Hardware or Maintenance tab present on the top of the window.
- If you do not find that option, click Tools. In the next screen, you will find an option like ‘Clean cartridges’ or ‘Clean print head’.
- Choose the appropriate option, follow the instructions, and wait until the cleaning starts.
How to Clean HP Laserjet 1020 Printer Ink Cartridge?
- We have given steps to clean the cartridges as well as the pickup roller. Dirt buildup on the pickup roller can cause paper feed issues, or the device might not pick the paper at all.
- Detach the power cable from both ends. Clean the outside of the machine with dry cloth.
- Do not use a damp cloth.
- Open the print cartridge door, and then remove the printer cartridge. Do not expose the cartridge to sunlight or any form of direct light.
- Take a dry lint-free cloth, and wipe any dust or residue from the media path as well as the cartridge area.
- You will find the pickup roller in the middle. Remove the small white tabs present on both sides of the roller.
- Rotate it towards the front of the product. You can see that it gets loosened. Gently lift the roller up, and take it out of its component.
- Take a lint-free cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol (also known as isopropyl alcohol), and scrub the roller.
- While cleaning with the rubbing alcohol, keep it away from the flame as alcohol is flammable.
- After wiping, make sure there is no residue on the roller left by the cloth. Now, position the pickup roller on its slot, and rotate it while inserting.
- Then, re-install the print cartridge, and close the print cartridge access door. Re-attach the power cable to the printer’s rear.
- Turn ON the printer by gently pushing the power button. Now, print a test page. Above We Provide Easy Guidance for How to Clean HP Laserjet 1020 Printer, you have any queries Contact our Experts.