How to Clean HP Envy 5540 Printer?
Sometimes, the printed text or image quality may not be as expected. Issues such as streaky or faded printouts, color or black ink not printing, documents with blurry or fuzzy text, ink streaks or smears, and other print quality issues can be seen on the printouts. Cleaning the ink nozzle plate and ink cartridge contact can result in clogs. Rough handling the printer at the store or during installation can cause print quality issues with freshly installed cartridges too. Using inappropriate papers may cause problems in the printer. Follow the steps below to learn how to clean hp envy 5540 printer.
How to Clean Print Head on HP Envy 5540 Printer?
- Fix the clogged printhead issues using the printer’s built-in self-cleaning software.
- Click on the Windows icon that is located in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type Control Panel in the start menu to search your computer for control panel application.
- Click Control panel from the search list, and then select Devices and Printers.
- Open the printer’s menu and right-click the name of the printer that you want to clean.
- Click properties in the displayed drop-down menu.
- Choose Hardware or Maintenance tab that appears on the new window.
- Now, select the cleaning option. This option is usually used to clean printheads as well as ink cartridges.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the cleaning process.
- Clean the printheads manually using a lint-free cloth if the issue persists.
- Call to the toll-free number or refer our website to clarify any queries regarding how to clean hp envy 5540 printer.
How to Clean HP Envy 5540 Printer Ink Cartridge?
- Cleaning the ink cartridge on the hp envy 5540 printer enhances the quality of the printed documents or photos.
- Use the power button to turn Off the printer to avoid the issues that require cleaning.
- Make sure that you have loaded the input tray with white paper.
- On the control panel of the printer, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup. The Setup menu displays on the screen.
- Click Tools, and then select Clean Cartridges. A Print Quality Diagnostic page gets printed.
- Inspect the quality of the print on the Print Quality Diagnostic page.
- Touch No to stop troubleshooting if the print quality is acceptable.
- Choose Yes to perform the next level of cleaning if the print quality is unacceptable.
- Clean the area around the ink nozzles manually only when you notice any track marks or smears on the printouts.
- Do not remove both the ink cartridges simultaneously. Remove and clean each ink cartridge one after the other. Do not keep the ink cartridges outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not touch the cartridge nozzles or the copper-colored contacts.
- Refer the user manual to know more about how to clean hp envy 5540 printer.