How to Change Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 4520 Printer?
What ink for hp envy 4520?
HP Envy 4520 is an All-in-One color printer that prints documents and photos in both black and color. It works on thermal ink-jet printing technology. A set of black and tri-color ink cartridges accompanies the printer. The tri-color cartridge comprises Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow inks. To provide endurance and reliability, the cartridges undergo two different tests before they are available in the market. They are Accelerate Life test and Cap Storage test. Ink from the ink cartridges is delivered on paper through On axis and Off axis ink delivery systems. Following Ink Cartridge List we provide the How to Change Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 4520 guidance.
The ink supplies are embedded on top of the printheads.
The ink is stored in isolated containers.
The ink cartridges are connected to the printheads through tubes.
Ink tank printers use an Off axis ink delivery system.
- HP 63 Black Ink Cartridge.
- HP 63 Tri-color Ink Cartridge.
- HP 63XL Black Ink Cartridge.
- HP 63XL Tri-color Ink Cartridge.
- “Bridge” the printer with a power source and switch it on.
- “Release” the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage turns idle.
- Take the “drained ink cartridges” from the slots and recycle them.
- Remove the black and tricolor ink cartridges from their package.
- Peel the protective tape from the cartridges.
- Put the cartridges into the designated ink slots.
- Close the lids and then the cartridge access door.
- “Initiate” a print job to check the printhead alignment and ink flow.
Quick Steps for Cartridge Replacement
Easy Guidance for How to Change Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 4520
- Before replacing the ink cartridges on your HP printer, check the ink level of each cartridge. When the ink is drained, the ink light on the printer’s access panel flashes in orange color. If a cartridge is empty, then the light becomes stable. Check the ink level using a utility tool.
- Get a new set of ink cartridges from a trusted seller. Power on your HP printer and lift the scanner lid. Ensure that the printhead and the roller are visible. Wait for a while and the printhead turns idle. Make sure not to touch the printhead or white-colored ribbon.
- Press the button with the reverse triangle symbol on the printer’s access panel. The ink level of the black cartridge is displayed on the printer’s screen. Press the button again to check the levels of other cartridges.
- Take the package containing the new ink cartridges and shake it for a few seconds. Pull the yellow-colored tab from the cartridge. Do not remove any other pieces from it and don’t touch the green-colored chip.
- Push the old ink cartridges downward and remove them from the ink slots. Pack the old cartridges and send the package to the manufacturer for recycling. Also, remove the plastic tab from the ink slot’s rear. Hold the new black ink cartridge by its sides and insert it into the black ink slot.
- Redo the same method for inserting the tricolor ink cartridge. Push it down until it locks in its position. Close the access door and press the Stop button on the control panel. This initiates the 2 to 5-minute charging process. The power light starts to flash. Do not shut down or unplug the printer from the power supply. Still, you Have Queries Related How to Change Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 4520 & Other Printer Queries Contact Our Experts.